Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Aussie Soup for this American Soul

God has been so good to me, daily showing me how He is taking care of everything that concerns me.  One example is, when I first got here, I was asking God for a night stand to place some of my things in and a small desk to put my laptop on.  But, I didn't want to pay for anything expensive.  Sure enough, at 6am one morning, during a random trip outside to the rubbish bin (aka: trash can), there sat right next to the bins a small night stand and a small desk, that even matched the wood furniture that was already in my room!  God so cares about the littlest things!  So, one by one, I ran each upstairs, trying not to wake anyone up with my big smile and my wide load coming through the narrow halls. 

Another miracle was when I dropped my 10 month old MacBook on the tile floor.  That wasn't the miracle.  Ya, it wasn't one of the most brilliant things I've ever done before.  Well, I took it to the Mac store since I had insurance that covered everything but dropping it, and so I asked them to fix it pretending that they wouldn't be able to see the huge dent on the corner of the laptop and the slightly, split-in-two, cracked screen.  Nope.  Didn't work.  Two days later, the tech guy calls me and surprises me with the words, "since you dropped it, it's not covered by the insurance."  I tried to ask him, "who told you that I dropped it?", but it failed to make it out of my mouth after the $920 words came out of his. 

So, I did the only thing I knew to do, I gave it to God and reminded Him that He was greater than any problem I could ever have.  Four days later, I got 2 random checks in the mail of places that do not owe me anything!  A credit for $600 and another one for $320.  God is so good to me!

Stay tuned for more good things...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Heather! I'm glad things are working out for you over there! I wonder what the insurance is for if it doesn't cover you dropping it???

    ReplyDelete