Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Sacrifice of The Call

So, here I am living in Australia, interning with the Kubala's while going to school at the C3 College in Oxford Falls, Sydney.   Humm...It's funny how when I write that sentence it sounds so simple, but it has literally taken me these past 6 months to mentally and emotionally detach myself from the Heather Hetzendorfer who was once defined by her successful 12 year career. There was a lot of surgery that needed to take place!

But, I know this is where I am called to be.

As any purpose and destiny God has marked out for us, there is fire, washing, chopping, and molding that must take place (can you feel my experience behind each one of those?).  And while I am surrendered to being completely molded into what God has set out for me to do in this world, He has asked me to start by being a servant and a student.  And please note, this is no humble chant here, but pure honesty and passion behind what my role is now.  I'm not serving at a soup kitchen, handing out tracks or preaching from the pulpit (although I did do that recently for a grade :)). I'm serving a beautiful couple who are traveling the world bringing hope and healing to those who need it.  I answer phones, work on e-mails and manage my boss' itineraries for approximately 50-75 churches a year.  Hearing the stories of the salvations and healings that have taken place while they travel, daily blows me away.  God is real and through the simple things I am called to be faithful to do, I get to take part in this incredible Harvest.

As with any new start, there is a cost. 

With all of the personal/career sacrifices that have been involved, there also naturally comes the monetary sacrifices as well. In order for me to attend school full-time and intern for the Kubala’s, I have not been able to work in Australia for the past 6 months. Just to give you an idea of what the cost of living looks like, the rent for a little one bedroom apartment is $800 a month ($720 US dollars).

God has provided so much for me during my time here and I am overwhelmed by His love. I am overwhelmed by my friends and family who believe in this ministry and what I have been called to do.

I am overwhelmed by people like you.

Many of you have asked how you can help support me and this ministry and although the subject of money is never comfortable to talk about, I would be remiss if I didn't share this opportunity and the testimony of God's incredible goodness with you.

If you would like to and are able to donate to this amazing cause, it would mean so much to me. You can use this link to support me monthly or to make a one-time donation. All donations are tax deductible. http://www.thecause.cc/australia.php


Your support, prayers and encouragement mean more to me than could ever know.

Much love,
Heather


The Kubala’s are itinerant evangelists and are the founders and directors of Get Smart National Youth Trust, Dream International Trust, and the Kubala Ministries. Andrew and Janine Kubala are powerful and inspirational communicators who are popular conference church speakers all around the world. Their personal testimonies, visions, gifts of prophetic, healing, revelation, and humor inspire people to live their dream and make a difference.  Please go to http://www.kubalaministries.org/ for more information.

3 comments:

  1. Heather,

    OF COURSE I will support you! You are doing what God has called you to do! Who would want to miss out on that? I love you like a sister, Oh wait. You are my sister! And for that, I am truly blessed. You are and will continue to be my spiritual mentor and favorite person on this earth! Hang in there girl! God WILL provide!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an inspiration in everything you do Heather! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you for supporting Heather! She is AMAZING! And FAITHFUL! And BEAUTIFUL (inside and out)! Jesus said, "Take up your cross and follow me." That's what she did. That's what she's doing. How many of us can say that? We love you Heather. You truly are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete